Community Connections Programme
As well as staging our own work and developing outreach and education projects throughout the year, the Festival aims to connect with and support other arts organisations, creative groups and individuals in the region.
Our Community Connections Programme offers organisations and individuals the opportunity to stage an event as part of Oxford Festival of the Arts.
If you are already working on a creative project, which you would like to be included as part of Oxford Festival of the Arts, or if you would like to propose a new project, we would be very pleased to hear from you. Projects must take place during the Festival dates over the last week of June and first week of July.
We welcome enquiries with regard to all areas of the arts and for all types of event (performance/workshop/talk/tour/exhibition etc.). However, please note our key areas of focus are:
- Supporting youth engagement in the arts, particularly for those without ready access to cultural activities.
- Offering opportunities for active participation in cultural activities.
- Showcasing regional talent and supporting developing young artists.
- Celebrating Oxford’s heritage and forming bridges between Oxford’s diverse communities.
As a large-scale, city-wide event, we can help make your event a success by providing support and exposure. Oxford Festival of the Arts will be able to:
- Help find a venue for your event.
- Support your event within Festival marketing: 25,000 brochures distributed and 300,000+ website hits over the course of the 2018 Festival.
- Offer networking opportunities with other artists as part of the Festival programme.
- Provide complimentary tickets and invitations to special events.
- Bring a new audience to your work or existing/regular activity or classes.
We tailor our Community Connections Programme to each individual, group or organisation and will happily discuss with you what you would like to achieve and how the Oxford Festival of the Arts might be able to assist you.
If you would like to work with us but do not have a project in mind, we would be happy to discuss ideas. We also put out calls for artists and groups to collaborate with us on projects, such as our outdoor sculpture exhibition and Circus Day. We welcome sculpture submissions and workshop proposals from artists and makers across Oxfordshire.
If you would like to enquire about participating in this year's Festival, we would love to hear from you! Please contact us on: firstname.lastname@example.org.